Branding - Advertising - Marketing
- ensure positive results in an engaging, progressive environment -
Leading team partner and experienced strategist offering resourceful solutions on projects ranging from $2,000 to $2.5 million and within various team structures including:
National & Regional Advertising & Branding - Government & Public Market Advertising
Owner-Operator Advertising & Branding - Package & Product Design Solutions
Creative leader able to see the "big picture" and turn potential barriers into opportunities. Maximize situations spanning both microscopic and telescopic views for brands, projects, and teams. Adapt quickly and regroup to realign teams when plans change quickly. Thrive in environments where innovation is important and where there is encouragement and support for exploring "the unknown".
Signature strengths include:
Ideation - Consumer Insights - Brand Development - New Business Development - Social Media Marketing
Strong Negotiator - Account Management - Project Lead & Management - Relationship Building
- Select Career Milestones -
- Established the partnerships between Chicago-based Wrigley brand teams and Cincinnati-based Interbrand design and strategy teams to lead projects involving Life Savers, Altoids, Hubba Bubba, Extra, and "5".
- Credited for Rice-A-Roni, Pasta Roni, and Quaker package design projects, while securing new business for i4design, the North American strategic design division of the Publicis Groupe.
- Partnered with Dell creative teams to ensure the development of FY'05 Q2-Q4 and FY'06 Q1-Q4 Dell public creative, which included the introduction of overarching Dell eHealthcare Architecture and Dell Higher Education Campus Architecture.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS & SELECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS
FREELANCE & NODED PROJECTS www.maryclick.com
- Key Projects -
Elder Care Resources Branding; Lake George Assisted Living Branding; Koonse Glass Rebranding; Village Glass Rebranding; Dwayne Browning Rebranding; "me: in focus" Magazine Branding & Development; Click Couture Knits Creation & Development; Woodruff Sweitzer Client Brainstorming and (Pharma) Account Management; SPONGE (Agency) New Business Strategy; Zurich Catering Communication Counsel; Victors & Spoils Creative Brainstorming
Partner with business owners directly to ensure utilization of focused communication materials and approaches delivering desired results. (01/2009 - Present)
- Rebranded Elder Care Resources, Lake George Assisted Living, Koonse Glass, Village Glass, Dwayne Browning and supplied creative communication pieces (logo, website, business cards, informational brochures, promotional items, vehicle redesigns, apparel, social media optimization, ghost blogging, and more) resulting in business owner increasing community awareness and creating new business opportunities.
- Created and Branded Click Couture Knits (logo, website, business cards) and Maribelle's Manouches (logo, website, business cards); True/False Film Festival Official Sponsor 2011
- Led strategic and creative development of the brand platform, logo and business cards for "me: in focus" magazine, a publication aimed at empowering the modern woman, which continues to gain momentum. Assisted in the creation & development of the first three issues of the hard copy magazine and online efforts (2009: May, June, July).
- Developed new business pitch strategy partnering with Owner of Sponge (Chicago Ad Agency) as well as with internal and external stakeholders to provide strategic research and ongoing counsel leading to successful introductory meeting with multimillion-dollar high profile client.
- Key Brands - Wrigley: Life Savers, Altoids, Hubba Bubba, Extra, & "5" gum
SENIOR ACCOUNT LEADER
Utilized sound, strategic, and design-based approaches for minor-to-complex level projects enabling design work that broke through on shelf and stimulated positive consumer behavior with increases in market mind share. Completed fast-track linear tasks placing multiple projects on parallel paths while managing limited budgets. (02/2008 - 11/2008)
- Led each project from proposal development to completion of strategic design for new Life Savers, "5", and Extra products. Conducted design exploration based on consumer insights and client-based learning's, instrumental in delivering targeted communication.
- Initiated a project-tracking tool utilized globally on all projects by working collaboratively with Interbrand VP, Group Account Director, and Wrigley North American Design Manager to ease burden of strict time constraints and limited budgets.
LISA P. MAXWELL Chicago, IL
- Key Account - Kitchen Tune-Up
Identified key elements of the "Kitchen Tune-Up" brand used as strong and unique points to develop differentiation from competition and to be used as the basis of integrated communication materials. Identified weak areas within the client-agency partnership, and outlined short-and long-term steps of success for the entire collective team. Secured support & cooperation with all team members to guarantee delivery of key milestones. (10/2006 - 07/2007)
- Led the Kitchen Tune-Up brand elements identification process and managed the creative and logistical teams in the brand development process.
- Developed and provided an annual marketing and advertising plan encompassing corporate, individual owner, and DMA-level support.
- Created smoother internal workflow by initiating and developing an agency-specific toolbox of internal briefing & tracking documents.
- Established and led an intern program for the agency and provided a toolbox of development documents for creative and account management interns.
i4DESIGN Chicago, IL
- Key Accounts - Quaker Cereals, Rice-A-Roni, Pasta Roni, Sour Punch, and Phillip Morris International
Achieved successful, innovative new product and packaging solutions in rapid turnaround time work environment. Sought and secured new business opportunities aligning with company's holistic goals. (02/2006 - 07/2006)
- Led the extended design and production teams in the comprehensive 2007 Rice-A-Roni and Pasta Roni package redesign initiative.
- Sought and secured new Quaker Cereal division work for 2006 and 2007.
- Partnered with CEO and Chief Lead Designer in new business development strategies and recommendations.
DDB Chicago, IL
- Key Accounts - Dell Computers (Public Sector) and Midas
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Delivered strong brand development output in addition to daily transactional sales results by providing analytical planning and creative execution management. Quickly achieved thorough understanding of the client's business, partnerships, and competitive environments across Dell Public's 5 smaller verticals, spanning federal government and military, state/local government, healthcare, K-12 education, and higher education. (03/2004 - 02/2006)
- Developed relationship enabling on-target creative concepts satisfying all Dell, Intel, and Microsoft parameters while exceeding anticipated metric results. Surpassed previous creative performance, ensuring it served to build a stronger brand relationship between public categories and their intended consumer market.
- Executed fully integrated campaign efforts by leading Dell public print, OOH, and digital (online banner advertising) strategy and creative development.
- Played key role in the 2006 plan development and recommendation for the annual international Midas Dealer Association meeting; assisted Senior VP, Group Business Director, and VP Account Director.
LEO BURNETT Chicago, IL
- Key Accounts - Altoids, Jenn-Air, Oldsmobile
Promoted to cultivate long-lasting partnerships with clients. Provided simple, straight-forward management of staff and key resources ensuring successful brand-building delivery. Developed thorough understanding of clients' business. Ensured real-time managment of budget tools enabling creative and media placement recommendation that would otherwise not have been possible. (10/2000 - 03/2004)
- Led the following successful brand efforts:
· General Motor's first DVD catalog: Oldsmobile DVD catalog and corresponding auto show DVD
· 16-page insert that accompanied DVD used as regional dealer sales tool
· Jenn-Air “Love to Cook” campaign
· Memorable and engaging Altoids creative including Gumby print, Prepare Yourself print, comic strips, bar coasters, coffee sleeves, and other OOH communication
Previous employment: Account Executive & Assistant Editor; Dianne White Communications, Batavia, IL
Key Accounts: Twin & Turbine, Raytheon - Led the development of aviation-specific direct mail, collateral, newsletters, and leading aviation publications.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & TRAINING
Coursera, Coursera.org, 2015-16
Successfully completed online classes & specializations
Creativity, Innovation, and Change - The Pennsylvania State University
Creative Problem Solving - Univ. of Minnesota
Developing Innovative Ideas for New Co.s - Univ. of Maryland, College Park
Management of Fashion and Luxury Co.s - Univerista Bocconi
New Models of Business in Society - Univ. of Virginia
High Impact Business Writing - Univ. of California, Irvine
Positive Psychology - The Univ. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Buddhism & Modern Psychology - Princeton Univ.
Leadership Communication for Maximum Impact: Storytelling - Northwestern Univ.
Social Media Marketing Specialization - Northwestern Univ.
-What is Social (Completed)
-The Importance of Listening (Completed)
-Engagement & Nurture Marketing Strategies (Completed)
-Content, Advertising, & Social IMC (Currently enrolled in this course)
-The Business of Social (This course will be completed in Q4/2016)
-Social Marketing Capstone Project (This will be completed in Q4/2016)
Content Strategy for Professionals Specialization - Northwestern Univ.
-Content Strategy for Professionals: Engaging Audiences (Complete)
-Content Strategy for Professionals: Managing Content (Currently enrolled in this course)
-Content Strategy for Professionals: Expanding Your Content's Reach (This course will be completed in Q4/2016)
-Content Strategy for Professionals: Ensuring Your Content's Impact (This course will be completed in Q4/2016)
-Content Strategy for Professionals: Capstone Project (This will be completed in Q4/2016)
1st Choice Real Estate School, St. Louis, Missouri, 2014
Completed online Missouri Real Estate Training
Successfully passed all state testing and became a Missouri-Licensed Realtor
Columbia College, Columbia, Missouri, 2011
Graphic Design I - Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Tufts University – A University Consortium, 2007
Certificate - Executive Level Negotiation
University of Missouri-Columbia, 1998
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Textile & Apparel Management, Emphasis in International Marketing
Professional Memberships: LinkedIn Groups: Advertising Freelance, Advertising Professional, Advertising Professionals, Communication Arts, Digital Account Management, DDB Alumni Group, Harvard College Alumni, Leo Burnett Alum and Current Employees (LifeafterLEO), Leo Burnett Alumni Association, Missouri Alumni Association, Packaging Design, and Social Media Marketing
Languages: Proficient in German, Japanese, and Spanish; conversational in French and Italian
Additional Recommendations are available on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/pub/mary-click/3/696/3)